Unit 2.3: Students use real-world data to construct and interpret population pyramids and discuss differences in population growth rates among several different countries, including the U.S. (Distance learning tool available below!)
Students will be able to:
- Describe the three general shapes of population pyramids and their meanings.
- Construct a population pyramid for one of six different countries.
- Make correlations between the shape of a country’s pyramid and its growth pattern.
- Analyze countries’ population pyramids to make inferences about past events, current trends, and future growth.
Let us facilitate:
- Download digital or physical worksheets from the links below. Make one copy of physical worksheets for each group of 2-3 teachers. The digital worksheet allows for 6 groups. Make additional copies of the digital worksheets if you have more than 6 groups.
- Play the video to the right. When asked, pause the video to allow time for work or discussion.
- Click the green button at the top to download the full lesson plan PDF with all worksheets attached.